1. PRAY: We know that God is lovingly orchestrating details for this little boy. Hopefully, we will get to be his parents. Would you join us in praying for him and our family? We can’t do anything without Jesus.
2. GIVE: There is a LONG road ahead of us full of financial decisions, expenses, and services to bring home a little boy from Haiti. (See an overview of the costs here.) Would you consider these options:
- Participate in our “Adopt an Envelope Fundraiser” and give/raise the value of the number written on an envelope.
- Hold a fundraising event for our adoption (spaghetti supper, bake sale, yard sale, etc… get creative)
- Donate sky miles for our travel to Haiti (email us to work out details)
- Buy my artwork ready to ship out from my online store – amydavisartdesign.storenvy.com
*How To Give Money:
- Send a personal check to 75 Mae Johnson Way, Andrews, NC 28901. Write the note Davis Nation Adoption in the memo line.
- PayPal has a send money feature where you can give money straight to our account using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations thru our adoption agency are TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Follow these specific steps to donate thru EAC:
– Make check payable to European Adoption Consultants. Please, DO NOT WRITE OUR NAMES ANYWHERE ON THE CHECK!
– Using a sticky note, attach our account number with the EAC to the check: 11890-DAVIS
- Fundrazr.com: We are able to take credit card donations online, however to use this feature it costs 7.9% of your donation as well as .30 transaction fee. Follow this link to donate online.
- Obviously coins, cash, cashiers check… We are grateful for all your support, in whatever way it is easiest for you!
3. GET THE WORD OUT: We are contacting everyone we know to get the word out about our adoption. We need your friends and family to know as well so everyone can help our family give a lonely little boy a home. We need your contacts, your family members, your co-workers and hall mates to know about our adoption! Will you please consider using your social media skills and share our story to everyone you know!!! Help us fulfill our command and responsibility to care for the orphans, to share the life giving love of Jesus to a child without a home. Getting our story out can hopefully inspire more families to consider adoption, too! Even talking about adoption it is a great way to start conversations about THE GOSPEL! The more people you share our story with… the more people will have a chance to participate in our child’s adoption story. That is beautiful!
Thank you so much for your time in even reading this post. I am excited to be on this journey and to see God work out the tiny details in bringing a child into our home for His own glory! One day, I will tell our son of the miraculous way God chose to place him in our home… and you will be a part of that story!